Snapchat is a great app for sharing videos, images, and stories. However, unlike other popular social media platforms such as WhatsApp and Facebook, Snapchat doesn’t have its PC based counterpart. If you’re sitting with your laptop and don’t want to pick up your phone for Snapchat, we have a solution for you. Sometimes it’s just more convenient to have access to all media, work, and files on one device. One of the best methods to use Snapchat on PC is by using an emulator.
In this article, we’ll discuss and show you how to run Snapchat on PC using the Andy Emulator. Andy is the easiest way to download and install android apps on your device. It’s basically a virtual Android device that lets your run any app you want on your PC. There are millions of amazing apps like Snapchat on your mobile app store, why not be able to enjoy them on your PC as well? Moreover, phones have very limited storage. Using an emulator on a PC allows you to download and install as many apps as you want without having to worry about disk space. Also, our presence on Snapchat and other social requires constant attention. Our phone’s battery life simply doesn’t permit us to use apps for as long as we want. Hence, installing an emulator such as Andy on a PC will allow us to enjoy the extra battery life.
Andy Emulator Features:
- Consistent developer support
- Full and authentic android user interface
- Works on both Mac OSX and Windows
- Multi-touch support for touch screen laptops
- Camera and Microphone support
- Syncs to your mobile device
How To Install Snapchat on PC Using Andy Emulator
There are some minimum requirements to do so:
Andy is a virtual machine and requires some minimum PC specifications when running. If your system does not meet the requirements, Andy will perform slowly and may possibly crash or freeze your PC. Make sure you have the following requirements met:
- Dual-Core AMD or Intel CPU
- Virtualization Support
- 3Gb RAM (Andy will use around 1GB when running)
- 10Gb hard disk space
- Open GL 2.1 Support
- Windows 7 or later
Preparing Your PC for Andy Installation:
It’s important you consider the steps below and ensure your PC is suitable for virtualization. Most PC nowadays already has virtualization support pre-installed, hence you don’t have to worry about that. However, you’ll need to enable virtualization and update specific drivers on your PC.
Step 1: Enabling Virtualization in BIOS
- Restart your PC and start BIOS by pressing F2, F9, or F12 repeatedly when your boot logo shows up.
- In the BIOS menu look for Virtualization, Vt-X, Intel Virtual Technology, AMD-v or anything that is labeled ‘Virtual’.
Step 2: Update Your Drivers
- First, ensure that your Windows is up to date by opening Windows Update and selecting Check For Updates. Please note, this may take some time and require your PC to restart if necessary.
- Moreover, make sure you have the latest graphics drivers enabled. You can visit the following link to download and update your latest drivers depending on the type of GPU: Intel GPU, GeForce GPU or AMD GPU
Installing Andy Emulator and Downloading Snapchat For PC
Now that you’ve ensured all the required prerequisites for running Andy are there, you can go ahead and install Andy. This emulator comes preinstalled with google play store, hence installing the Snapchat is as simple as downloading the app on your phone.
- Download and install Andy Emulator on your PC.
- After installing open Andy and select the Google Play Store app and log in to your Google Account.
- Next, search for the Snapchat app in the Play Store and install it like you would on your mobile device.
- Select ‘Open’ or exit to the home screen and press the Snapchat icon.
- Log in to your Snapchat account and you are good to go.
You now have a fully functioning Snapchat app on your PC!
Alternatives to Andy Emulator:
There are several alternative emulators you can use instead of Andy. We recommended Andy due to its great community, consistent developer support and easy setup. Andy is usually the first emulator to update its settings for newer versions of Snapchat and other apps. Nevertheless, if you want to check out some other android emulators, see the ones we’ve listed below.
BlueStacks is a great option for those looking to install social media apps like Snapchat. However, BlueStacks main vision is to improve the gaming performance of Android apps on PC. It’s said to give about 6x the performance of Android phones.
KOPlayer is another great Android emulator for both PC and Mac. Additionally, it has a built-in video recording feature that allows you to record Android apps. A great option if you want to save those snaps. KOPlayer also has a side toolbar that offers quick access to volume, resolution and other settings.
3. MEMU Play
MEmu is another powerful emulator designed to run Android games on your PC. It has optimized graphics and good frame rates. Hence, it’s more than enough for running social media apps such as Snapchat.
Installing Snapchat on your PC is a relative process. All it takes is for you to choose your desired Android emulator for PC, open up the google play store and download Snapchat as you usually do on your mobile device.
Just be wary if your PC can handle a virtual machine, and that you have updated and installed the required drivers. Otherwise, you may run into some trouble. Have fun snap chatting from your PC!